September 7, 2014

A Long Weekend at Disneyland Part 2

Finally! It was the day of the Disneyland Half Marathon. My Mom and I got up at 3 am, did our prep and went down to the corrals. Compared to the WDW Half Marathon, it was nice to walk down to the corrals instead of taking a bus. The race started at 5:30 and we didn't get to start until almost 6. We first ran through Disney California Adventure, entering right by Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta. The run through Disney California Adventure went by fast and before we knew it, we were running down Main Street USA and exiting through Mickey's Toontown. 
 After that, the run went by quickly. It was a thrill to run in Angel's Stadium. My Mom was more excited than me. ^^; Once the Disneyland Hotel came into view, we knew we were almost done and sped up to the finish line. It was such a relief to finish. We both beat our time from the WDW Half Marathon by 5 minutes! 
Immdialty after we received our medals and got our photos taken, we rushed to the hotel, showered and went straight into the park. It was almost lunch time so we decided to get corn dogs from the Little Red Wagon before the line got too long.
After lunch we went on a couple of rides and went back to the hotel to nap. 
Since we had lunch at Club 33 earlier that weekend, we wanted to give dinner a try. We planned dinner around 8pm and once again we arrived ten minutes early to check out the lounge. For a Sunday night it was crowded and we still managed to get seats until our table was ready. The menus are almost identicial. The only differene is that dinner has a seafood and cheese course, making that a total of six courses. I'm a very selective eater so I opted out of those courses. For my first course I ordered Primed New York of Beef Seared Black and Blue with Tarragon-Roasted Garlic Purée. In between courses we got a small sample of Lobster Pot Pie and it was yummy! 
Before my parent's got their second course I went onto the balcony and try to see Fantasmic. The view was okay, but I stood out there the entire the for the show. Since the view of Fantasmics was a slight downer, it was nice to see some of the fireworks my our table.  I skipped the second course and wait straight for my main course (fourth course) and had the Pasta with Cheese Sauce from the children's menu once again. Next time I will order the filet. Then for dessert I got a Mickey Cookie with ice cream. (Another item from the children's menu) By the time we were done with our four hour dinner, we slowly strolled out. On our way out I managed to take some photos of the women's restroom and it's lovely. 

 Last day came far too soon. We took the omnibus down Main Street and rode a lot of rides in Fantasyland. Then we went into Toontown and later DCA.


After wondering around in DCA, it was time to go back to the hotel and cool off. We packed up and went back into the park at night. We had to get up early the next morning for our flight home, so we ended the night early.

-

That concludes this two part blog. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment